This was very yummy stir fry meal that my husband’s cousin set us. It was very good!
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 crowns of broccoli, cut into florets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- Whisk together coconut aminos, orange juice, honey, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, arrowroot powder, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place sliced flank steak in a shallow bowl and pour whisked mixture on top of the meat to cover. Place in fridge and let refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After meat has refrigerated, place a large pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan when hot, then add broccoli florets. Sprinkle with a little salt and mix around in the pan to help crisp up. To make sure my broccoli gets soft, I use a teaspoon of water, add it to the pan and then cover to help steam the broccoli for just 1 minute.
- Once broccoli is cooked through to preference, remove from pan and set aside.
- Place pan back over high heat, add a little more coconut oil then add the meat and sauce directly to the hot pan, trying not to overcrowd the bottom of the pan. Cook meat until barely any pink remains, then add broccoli back to the pan, along with toasted cashews.
- Mix together and cook for 1 more minute. Serve!
1 RED / 1 GREEN / 1 BLUE / .5 Purple