Recipe & Photos from Beachbody Blog
For a lighter gravy, try this one made with garlic and mushrooms.
Vegan Mushroom Garlic Gravy
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 13 servings, 3 Tbsp. each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
½ medium onion, finely chopped
¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup arrowroot (or cornstarch)
3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1½ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
6 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
4. Slowly add water; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
6. Garnish with parsley if desired.