I’m totally off schedule and slept in this morning. I just didn’t get up when the alarm went off. I wanted to check in with my groups, answered a few emails this morning and BAM its already after 9 am!
Tips for Missin a Morning Workout!!
1. Stay Positive – Set your tone for the day – it will be okay
2. Set your workout clothes and shoes on your bed to motivate you to do it later today
3. Can you do 5 mins before you jump in the shower?
My favorite all around exercise move is Kettle Bell Swings!
4. Focus on nutrition today
5. Take the stairs
6. Park further away than you usually do
7. Every time you go to the bathroom do 10 squats (or more if you’d like …they will add up!)
8. Can you do something on your lunch hour?
9. Don’t sit down when you get home from work…pop in a dvd or stream a 30 workout
10. Kids have practice – walk/jog/run around the park or field
11. No time before dinner – Grab the kids and go for an evening bike ride or walk
FEEL FREE to add what you do in the comments below to help others!
It doesn’t escape me that I am blessed to have the opportunity to work from home and workout whenever it is convenient to me.Even though most mornings I get up early to do it.
I know not everyone CAN workout whenever they feel like it.
So here are some tips I share with my challengers when a morning workout is missed,
Don’t let the missed opportunity ruin your day. Don’t start beating yourself about it. The mental lashing we sometimes give ourselves is WAY more harmful than the skip workout session.
You ARE you future.
You are NOT your past.
Don’t let those negative thoughts mess you up!
“After all, tomorrow is another day!” – Scarlett O’Hara
You are not going to start over at square 1, by missing a workout (unless it WAS your day 1..haha)
Dylan was gonna throw out these jeans the other day and it reminded me when I had to wear his jeans out because mine were too tight.