“Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.” 2 Corinthians 7:1
The answer becomes Yes when we connect our daily disciplines to the desire for holiness. Each choice and temptation is an opportunity to rely on God’s strength instead of our own! Dedication not only to making healthy choices but also to relying on God to help us do so over a long period of time!
The Gap between our failure to do it alone and God’s available strength is continuing to pursue Him and holiness.
Prayer for the day: Dear Lord, I long to experience the holiness I was made for. I want to reach across the gap and grab hold of Your strength – the unwavering strength that leads to peace and joy. In Jesus’ name, Amen. – Made to Crave Prayer
So, what is dedication?
- It is the quality of being committed to a task or purpose. Dedication to this group means continuing to do your daily devotions and workouts even if you don’t feel like it.
- It’s eating healthy even when everyone else around you is making poor food choices.
- It’s seeing the bigger picture and knowing that if you follow what your coach tells you she won’t lead you astray!
- It’s having faith in the bigger picture!
- Dedication is doing it every single day no matter what!
No matter what… go at this for the until we finish, you reach your personal goal, and can look back and feel great for knowing you did the very best you could!
Easiest recipe EVER! Sometimes you just need simple and THIS IS IT!
My Homemade Salsa Recipe HERE
Day 23 Tip: Not ALL carbs are bad.
Carbs get a bad rap sometimes, but you need carbs…just the right ones!Carbs are a macro-nutrient essential to the body. You brain loves carbs…good carbs. Carbs that are filled with fiber, vitamins and minerals and helps balance out your blood sugar and help your body use energy efficiently. So, what ARE the good carbs? Vegetables, fruit, legumes and whole grains like brown rice and quinoa. What are the bad carbs? Anything containing refined white flours and sugars!Stick to the foods at the top of the yellow containers if you are wondering which are best for you or you are stuck at a weight loss plateau.