When my mom came to town and we did the Country Heat Workout I wanted to try this recipe found in the eating plan guide. YEP Cookies are in the PLAN!
We opted to try the Gluten Free option and used the brown rice flour.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
(MAKES 15 SERVINGS, 1 cookie each – 1 Yellow)
Nonstick cooking spray
¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil,
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup canned lite coconut milk (I used cashew milk)
1⁄3 cup coconut flour
¼ cup whole wheat flour *See Tips for Gluten Free Option
½ cup all-natural cocoa powder
¼ cup semisweet chocolate
raw almonds, chopped
pecans, dried cherries,
2. Lightly coat baking sheet with spray.Set aside.
3. Combine coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, and milk in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine coconut flour, whole wheat flour, and cocoa powder in a small bowl; mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture; mix until well blended.
6. Add morsels; mix until blended.
7. Drop by heaping Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until firm.
“For a gluten-free version, substitute 1/3 cup brown rice flour for whole wheat flour.