I love the gorgeous color from these Bell Pepper Nachos!
My boys thought I shorted them on chips because they choose not hear the words Bell Peppers….But we thought they hit the spot!
Bell Pepper Nachos
Nonstick cooking spray
¼ medium onion, chopped
8 oz. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 tsp. taco seasoning blend (look for a low-sodium blend)
¼ cup water
1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide slices
¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds and veins removed, sliced (optional)
½ cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Heat medium saucepan, lightly coated with spray, over
3. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or
until onion is translucent.
4. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or
until turkey is no longer pink.
5. Add taco seasoning and water. Mix well; cook, stirring
frequently, for 2 minutes, or until water evaporates.
6. Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with
turkey mixture and cheese.
7. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts.
8. Divide pepper mixture evenly between two serving plates.
Top with jalapeño (if desired) and pico de gallo; serve
Containers:2 Green / 1 Red / .5 Blue